Thursday, October 11, 2007

A strange trio of get well/thinking of you cards

Still trying to keep going with a card a day for my friend in the hospital. I realized that with no mail on Sundays, I needed to add a card or two to the stack to go out in the morning. I admit that get well cards and masculine cards are hard for me. Combining them has really made me stretch a little in the last few days. It has been good though. So, here is the set of three. How is that for diversity????




You will notice that I cased myself with the Believe card. It is the same card as in prior post. I made if for a Confirmation Card for my niece. I was thinking of the faith of this couple I am making the cards for and how much they appreciate the prayers of others. I thought it was important to celebrate that beautiful faith, so that card seemed appropriate. It also let me put off making a masculine card for a few minutes :)


Next, I took out the Lovely as a Tree set that I borrowed one more time. I stamped some of the small leaf in chocolate chip on the natural colored card. I then sponged chocolate chip, green, and mustard over the card to create a weathered textured look. I put the green on next with the little pine cone/branch stamp in green chalk ink. It all looked a little bright so I sponged it with brown and added the brown eyelets. I distressed the long edges too.

The next layers are some mustard designer paper I had and some misc red. I stamped the green tree in a green liquid chalk ink and used my white gel pen for snow. I never did that before, but I like it. More chocolate chip sponging. The red is on dimensionals and the twine is tied around.

I like the card. I really took some time to make it work. Normally, I would have either dumped it half way through or just went with what I had and coped. I guess I am learning something with practice.

The last card is just happy and bright. I guess I needed to balance the other two cards somehow. I love this little ghost stamp and only use him a few weeks out of the year. There was a challenge a few weeks ago where you were supposed to use Halloween stamps in a different way. That was my inspiration for this "Hi" card.

Well, I am getting that look from Delilah that says stop blogging and pet me. With that face, I cannot resist.

Happy day to you all!

1 comment: