Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Odd get well cards

Well a dear friend of mine had quadruple bypass surgery Monday. Thank God he is alive and doing well (all things considered). Due to the risk of infection, the family has asked that people not visit. They will take him cards though. I thought I would make a couple. I sat down with the intent of making a pretty and thoughtful card. They I thought, "He is going to get a ton of pretty sappy cards. I want him to smile." I went through my stamping treasures and found my happiest stamp, which just happens to be these penguins. I thought I would bust out my snowflake punch to add to the card (mainly because I would have had to walk down stairs to get my snowflake stamps for the background). Then I thought, it needs something to make it pop. I remembered I had a bottle of stickles I have never opened. I managed to get the bottle open and stickles flowing (which was quite the task). Well these things rock. Shiny, happy, texture, way cool!!!. Here is the card. I wonder what they will think when they open it. It is not a typical "Get Well, Thinking of You, Praying for You" card. I just wanted to make sure they smiled. It makes me smile.



I was having stamping fun, so I made him a card from my dog too. I had not used this little dog stamp yet, but I had to buy it because it reminded me of Delilah. The "ruff day?" stamp from A Little Love at Stampin up rounded this out nicely. It is Marigold Morning (I miss that color) and Chocolate Chip. I put two of the dogs on dimensionals and put the other one flat and at an angle to make it more interesting. It is a little closer to a get well card. (I hope).



Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I love the idea of a card from the dog. I need to make some from my dog. Mt FIL is due to have a heart valve replaces, so I think Onyx will send him one.