Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Lovely as a tree and natural beauty

Well, it was a REALLY long day and a I was cranky. I decided to stamp a card for my friend in the hospital. I was looking for some inspiration so I surfed onto Splitcoast stampers and decided to use the sketch challenge for a layout. I think I like this card. The base is chocolate chip. The patterned paper and the green color are a sheet of two-sided designer paper. The mustard is from a packet I picked up at Target. The leaf is from stampin up's lovely as a tree and the background on the mustard is from stampin up's natural beauty. It is hard to see, but the yellow and green sheets have been sponged with chocolate chip to create some depth and I punched the edges of several sheets for a little added detail. The right sides of the card are distressed.


These are the two sets of thank you notes that I mentioned a few days ago. They are simple cards for my friends that will need so many thank you cards since they will need to send out a bunch to thank all those helping them and praying for them. I hope to make another set or two in the next few days. The top set says "Thank Heaven for Friends Like You" inside. It is Lovely as a Tree of course for the stamps. The bottom set has the oak from Lovely as a Tree in Chocolate Chip (can you tell I bought a whole pack of that :) ). There is just a simple thank you stamped at the bottom. I wanted them to have options on how much space they had inside to write or not have to write.



The last pictures are of Delilah because, of course, this is about me and the dog.


Off to play!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those Lovely As a Tree notecards are gorgeous! Very classy and I love the inside verse.

Delilah looks like quite the character! Much like my two!

Anonymous said...

Wow, the notecards are amazing. Such a simple idea but I've never seen anyone do this with this set. Great job. Oh, love the dog!!!