Saturday, October 6, 2007

The new machine

So, after I went to sewing class, I thought, "Hey, I could do this." I came home and made a list of things I would actually sew:

I could fix the hems in my pants.
Finally replace my curtains.
Make happy accent pillows.
Treasures for the dog.
A blanket for where Delilah sleeps on my bed.

OK, so the point is I could buy all this stuff and move on or I could spend the money on a sewing machine. The people where my class was showed me their machines. They were expensive. I pondered. I surfed the net. I found a sale. God Bless Amazon.

Well, today it came. My new, highly discounted sewing machine. Of course, I could not leave it in the box, so I went out and bought a couple fabric straps and spent the afternoon working through the owners manual. Yep, I can work it. It is pretty fun. Now, of course after a few hours, I got board. I really needed something to make for there to be a point. For now I have it set up in the living room so I can watch TV while I play. I will find it a better home after sewing class later this week.

Of course that means that my good intentions of starting Christmas Cards today are shot. I think I will go play with stamping stuff for a little while though. A good way to unwind before bedtime.

Happy Saturday!

No comments: