Monday, October 15, 2007

An array of cards

Well, tonight I am beat. School was tough today and I was tired when I started. I needed to make another couple of cards in my get well series for my friend Chuck. I know this week will be hectic. I also needed to make a birthday card for my friend Freddie who has a birthday tomorrow. That women LOVES birthdays and coffee. What better to use than Stampin Ups Treat Yourself Set for her. I thought I would use a little Cool Caribean and Chocolate Chip combo. I also added some Real Red and Pallet Gray for the steam and some of the words. It is a cute slider card so the steam rises up from the mug. I put a Happy Birthday inside in red.


While that set and those colors were out, I decided a little popcorn action would make a cute get well / thinking of you card. I like it. Basically the same stuff as above with a little Marigold Morning for the pop corn. Both cards have some stickles for fun. I love that stuff. Glitter made clean. God Bless the person that made Stickles!!!!

The last two cards are ones from my stash. The first is a monochromatic card with Brocade Basics. A little paper piercing and some dimensionals and this one was done. I love the cherish stamp in that set for so many things. However, in this case, when I know he and his wife are really cherishing life now, it seemed really nice.


The last card is a fun one. I used tag punches to make the pinwheel out of designer paper. I am a fan of the burgundy paper and ink too. I also love the swirly background stamp but cannot remember the name. I am too lazy to go look :) The tag is stamped with Happy Harmony's thank you stamp. I know that for me, being thankful during a long illness is hard. I figured that a gentle reminder of thankfulness would be good as well as my thankfulness he is doing better.


I hope you like the collection. I figured I needed to get a pile ready for the mail each day this week.

Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, I love the pinwheel one.

nancy said...

these are all so pretty! I especially like the latte'... makes me wanna head for starbuck! tfs = )